Furniture Sales Consultant
A fantastic opportunity for a Furniture Sales Consultant to join our sales team, we are a leading retailer of high end Italian furniture, with over 35 years knowledge and expertise in supplying high quality and exclusive luxury furniture and upholstery.
Our exclusive range compliment any interior, from the traditional and classic to the modern and contemporary, covering a wide selection of living room, dining room, bedroom, home office and occasional furniture. As part of our bespoke service many items within the collection can be altered according to the client’s specification with a variety of different frame and fabrics finishes available.
We are looking for a personable, highly motivated individual to join our retail team at our flagship East London store. As a Furniture Sales Consultant, you will be part of a dedicated team advising our customers and selling luxury furniture and home accessories.
Experience selling furniture in a high-end / luxury furniture sales environment is essential for this role.
Desired Skills & Experience
The candidate MUST have a successful/proven track record with solid hands-on commercial furniture background selling high valued items.
Reporting to the Department Manager, applicants must be able to demonstrate:
- A strong retail sales background preferably gained within the high end to luxury furniture market
- A passion for furniture and the design/lifestyle market
- A proven ability to help and advise customers on the best solutions for their interiors
- A proven sales track record, with drive to excel in all aspects of the role
- Excellent sales and customer service skills
- The confidence to build a good rapport with customers to ensure that they enjoy their shopping experience
- Strong initiative and problem solving skills, the ability to take responsibility and to work as part of a team
- Good organisational and administrative skills, with attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to complete tasks in good time and to an excellent standard
- Flexibility and keenness to carry out all aspects of the role
- To follow up on retail leads generated through direct marketing, website and showroom visits to ensure all sales potential are realised.
- To ensure showroom is clean, tidy and well stocked with brochures and marketing materials etc.
- To ensure all stock is correctly labelled and priced (including dimensions and fabrics details).
- Italian speaking is a desirable quality but not essential
All applicants must be well-spoken, well-presented and confident in selling, one to one customer facing sales experience is essential for this role. You must be able to work to and achieve targets which involve closing sales and be able to offer excellent customer service and after care.
We are looking for a full time Consultant, though exceptional candidates will be considered for part time posts and flexible working hours.
- 6 days per week including weekends, with a day off in the week.
- Mon to Sat 10am to 6pm, Sun 11am to 5pm.
- Basic Salary £15,000+ dependent upon experience. A rewarding commission structure will apply, with OTE in the first year equating to £26,000-£30,000+ with no upper limit.
Please send a covering letter and your CV to: jobs[at]mondital.com