Mondital Ltd (Mondital) is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Under the Data Protection Act 1998 Mondital has a legal duty to protect any personal information it collects from you.
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU?
Mondital does not capture and store any personal information about an individual who accesses this website, except where he or she voluntarily chooses to give Mondital personal information via email, or by using an electronic form on the website, or by enquiring about any of Mondital services.
(a) What is a cookie?
- A cookie is a small text file, which often includes a unique identifier that is sent to your computer or mobile phone (referred to here as a “device”) browser from a website’s computer and is stored on your device’s hard drive.
- There are various types of cookies which perform different functions, such as remembering which items you have placed in your shopping basket or recording your browsing habits. The information recorded by the cookie is retrieved on the user’s next visit to the site.
- For more information about cookies, visit www.aboutcookies.org
(b) How to manage cookies
- Most web browsers will accept cookies, but if you would rather that we did not collect data in this way you can choose to accept all or some or reject cookies in your browser’s privacy settings. Rejecting all cookies means that certain features cannot then be provided to you and accordingly you may not be able to take full advantage of all of the website’s features and you may be prevented from completing your purchase online.
- Each browser is different, so check the “Help” menu of your browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences, for more information about how to manage cookies, click here.
- If you want to delete any cookies that are already on your computer, please refer to the instructions for your file management software to locate the file or directory that stores cookies or click here.
- On mondital.com, cookies record information about your online preferences, remember information about you when you visit our site and compile statistical reports on website activity. Some cookies are used that are essential in order to provide our services to you.
- During the course of any visit to mondital.com, your navigation through the site is recorded by a cookie that is downloaded to your device. The information recorded is retrieved on a repeat visit to the site by checking to see, and finding, the cookie left there on the last visit.
- Information supplied by cookies can help us to analyse the profile of our visitors and help us to provide you with a better user experience. Below we have set out the four categories of cookies that Mondital uses on our website. These cookies are:
Strictly necessary cookies
- These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the website and use its features, such as using the shopping basket to continue to navigate the site when making a purchase. Without these cookies, services you have asked for, such as making a purchase using the website, cannot be provided. These cookies do not gather information about you that could be used for marketing or remembering where you have been on the internet.
- These cookies collect information about how our visitors use the website, for instance which pages visitors go to most often, and if they get error messages from any web pages. They also allow us to record and count the number of visitors to the website, all of which enables us to see how visitors use the website in order to improve the way that our website works. These cookies do not collect information that identifies a visitor, as all information these cookies collect is anonymous and is only used to improve how our website works.
- These cookies allow our website to remember choices you make (such as your login details or your choices in relation to our newsletter). Whenever these cookies are used we will notify you before using the cookie, providing more information about the functionality cookie to be used, and how it might improve your user experience. The information these cookies collect is usually anonymised. They do not gather any information about you that could be used for advertising or remember where you have been on the internet.
- These cookies collect several pieces of information about your browsing habits. They are placed by our third party service provider [although we may also place a cookie that collects this kind of information]. All of the information that these cookies collect is anonymised, although they contain a unique key that is able to distinguish, for example, individual user browsing habits, or log if an individual user has clicked on a one of our suggested recommendations. These cookies can track your visits around the website, but they do not usually know who you are. They remember that you have visited our website and your browsing habits on our website to improve your experience, so that our recommendations are a better fit for you. This information is only shared between us and our third party service provider. Without these cookies, the recommendations you encounter and user experience on our website will be less relevant to you and your interests.
HOW WILL WE USE THE INFORMATION ABOUT YOU?
- We will collect information about you to process your order, manage your account and, if you agree, to email you about other products and services we think may be of interest to you.
- Mondital may also use aggregate information and statistics for the purposes of monitoring website usage in order to help us develop the website and our services and may provide such aggregate information to third parties. These statistics will not include information that can be used to identify any individual.
- Mondital will only hold your information for as long as necessary for the purpose for which it was collected. Mondital will not sell, distribute or disclose information about you or your personal usage of the website without your express consent or unless required to do so by law.
- If you subscribe to our mailing lists for new release and other information, we may also ask you to answer various general questions about yourself. You might be asked to specify the areas in which you are interested in so that we can tailor the information which we sent to you to cover the topics and merchandise we believe you might be interested in. By subscribing to our mailing lists, you accept that your personal data may be used for such purposes.
- Mondital may also use the information we gather to notify you about important changes and alterations to the website, or offers of products, services or information that might be of particular interest to you. Your information may also be transferred to another company (based in the European Union or in a country ensuring an adequate level of protection) in the event of a sale of our company to a third party. In that event we will endeavour to ensure that your rights in respect of the processing of personal data are adequately and appropriately protected.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
- We encourage you to be aware of this when you leave our site and to read the data protection and privacy statements on other websites you visit which collect your personal information.
- All the personal information collected via this website is recorded in a secure database.
- All Mondital’s employees and data processors, who have access to or are associated with the processing of personal information, are obliged to respect the confidentiality of that information.
- Mondital ensures that your personal data will not be disclosed to government institutions and authorities except if required or allowed by law.
- Please note that unless encrypted, email messages sent via the internet may not be secure and could be intercepted and read by someone else. Please bear this in mind when deciding whether to include personal or sensitive information in any email messages you intend to send.
CONTROLLING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- By continuing to use this website and submitting your information or when subscribing to the services available on our website, you expressly consent to such use and transfer of that information to the extent permitted by applicable law.
- If at any time you wish to stop receiving our newsletter or any other information you may have requested from us or any other company, please email or write to the address below or click the Unsubscribe link at the bottom of any email you receive from us.
USERS 16 AND UNDER
If you are aged 16 or under, please get your parent/guardian’s permission before hand whenever you provide personal information to Mondital’s website. Users without this consent are not allowed to provide us with personal information.
Mondital will process any personal information that it collects in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. If you wish to access personal information collected from you via this website or if you have an enquiry, please contact us or email: info[at]mondital.com
Or write to:
1 Lammas Road
Under the Data Protection Act 1998, you have a right to request a copy of the information we hold about you. Mondital will provide you with a legible copy of the personal information it holds and to which you are entitled upon request. This will be sent to you within 40 days of your request – although Mondital almost always requires proof of your identity before supplying the information (in order to mitigate the risk of supplying information to the wrong person) and may ask you for further information to assist in locating your personal information. You may have to pay a small charge before the information is supplied.
We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. You may ask us to correct or remove information you think is inaccurate.
HOW TO CONTACT US
By email info[at]mondital.com
Or write to:
1 Lammas Road